Monday, June 7, 2010

Past in Present

This is one of my first blogposts in 2009. I think I was onto something...

Today I realized that I do not belong here. This small Ohio city is too small for me. The humidity is nothing more than the sky closing in on me, relinquishing my ability to breathe, wear stylish jeans, and find my sanity. I couldn't be any less like a square peg in a round hole here. Social norms are...well, the norm here... and back on the other side of the states where i resided every year of my young life, defying the ordinary and the shock and awe factor were my friend. I need to be somewhere that dries my tears [ a desert, maybe?] not somewhere that dampens them. 

Where is that place? Honestly, I have no idea. Its not that I don't know WHO I am, I am an artist, a chef, a sister, a student, a collector, an animal lover, a borderline vegetarian, a music lover, a musician, a traveller, and an outcast. I am no different than most people out there. Just trying to make my way, and finding where I fit in, in this big ol' world. So just as Abraham Lincoln once said, "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." So until I find that place, ill be scrawling down the random and sometimes rudimentary thoughts taking me to it. 
So here's a nod to the past and a salute to the future,
Ash

It took a bit of time, but I know where I'm going now, just as I had assumed. My room is still lined with boxes ready for departure. But this time I will be taking on the dorms. So begins my adventure to the west. Home again, at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers