Monday, June 7, 2010

Death Shark, Protector of the Night Shark


I recently renamed my dog.

The three pound warrior poodle who was once named  Amy, has traded her sissy, middle america name for something a little more fitting for her three pound poodle frame. The new name for my beast of a guard dog being...
DEATHSHARK
Amy was a name that implied pink sweaters and bows that would make a full grown pit bull quiver with fear. A dog who attacks the heels of any full sized human, who threatens impending doom, who can breakdance and play dead like a hoodlum from a 1980s sitcom, is a dog who could have only one name. She could defeat any squirrel that enters our yard [if by defeat you mean chases it away before it attacks her] Not to mention dragons and stray plastic bags.
I think Deathshark is much more fitting. 
She responded to the name the moment it was awarded to her...that says it all.
Once a beast always a beast. 
I opened my mouth to tell her how tough she was....
She already knew. I have a feeling she's known all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers