Monday, November 30, 2009

Today, I am old.

Today is the one day that my facebook wall was littered with comments, and awkward conversations were interrupted by "happy birthdays!'. It has all been lovely, really but one thing is sticking out in my mind.
 I am OLD.

Why, hello old lady!
Those older than me would most likely chuckle and roll their eyes at the statement above, but its true! No longer a teenager, and two decades old! This is the time when life begins to roll by, a fall down a tall and icy hill with no brakes. The further we fall down that hill, the faster we fall. I now realize how important it is to live every moment, instead of letting them pass me by. My childhood is now long past, and my days of frolicking in my backyard are over. My days of responsibility and growth, of love and family lie ahead.


I realize that your twenties are what most people call their "prime" but I never thought I would make it to this point in time. Until life began to pass me by I always believed that I would be a child forever. I would always be innocent, imaginative and lighthearted, and in a way I still am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers